Books and MoreGreat resource: browse our book lists by topic or genre.
See also: Books and more for bestsellers and great reads.
Recommendations by Grade
DatabasesDatabases are premium sources for articles, books, media, and organized information. We have many more sources on the main databases page.
- Accelerated Reader BookFinder
- Electric Library Elementary — articles, pictures, audio/video clips, TV transcripts, encyclopedias
- Encyclopedia of Food and Culture — searchable e-book
- Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia — searchable e-book
- Kids InfoBits — book passages, news, facts & figures, images
- Lexile Framework — reading-level scores for books
- SIRS Discoverer — newsstand, activities, geography, bios, photos
- Tumblebooks — great online books
- World of Earth Science — searchable e-book
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations — searchable e-book
Early LiteracyLiteracy development begins at birth. Children begin to associate shapes, symbols, books, and objects with contexts before they are able to actually read and write.
To help develop these emergent skills, our early literacy area includes skills-focused toys/games plus puppets for creative play and social skills. In the same area is our Baby Nook, where patrons ages 18 months and younger are invited to play and learn in a safe environment.
Fun and Games
- Anne of Green Gables
- Barbie Games
- Club Penguin
- CyberChase Games Central
- Learning Planet
- New York Public Library "On-Lion" Reading
- Polly Pocket Games
- Boowa and Kwala Home — songs, games, stories
- Dinosaur Puppet Activity
- Funschool Preschool Arcade
- Learn to read at Starfall
- PBS Kids — (here you'll find friends from Boobah, Barney, Caillou, Clifford and more)