Catalog

Search our Catalog
1 reply [Last post]
Curly Hair
Participant

I am a very quiet person. I don't talk that much and am very shy. Sometimes I want to say something but I don't because I feel scared that someone will hate me if I said that. Even if it is a nice thing to say to someone, I'm still scared. I know that it isn't healthy for my social life, but I can't really help it.

I am a very hard worker. That hasn't always held true, however. In the past, my grades haven't been very good. As soon as I entered the eighth grade, I started getting serious about my grades and my success in school. I think that is because that was my last chance to learn how to get good grades before high school. I knew that high school would be very difficult for me if I didn't start working now. I am glad that I had a good influence around me like my parents and my sister.

I have set myself very high goals that I hope to achieve before I start my career as whatever it is I will become. So far that has been a Chemical Engineer, but I still have quiet a bit of time to decide whether I will actually fully go through with this. Some of the goals that I have set for myself include getting in to The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. Another goal that I have set for myself is getting all A's in high school (4.0 G.P.A.). These are my academic goals that I hope to achieve.

My other goals have to do with my health and wellness. I hope to keep a constant workout for the rest of my life. This workout includes running, weight training and swimming. For my wellness, I hope to eat very healthy foods and keep a healthy diet.

lifecloud
Participant
lifecloud's picture

Hi, there, Curly Hair! (Hm, now I've got to spot the person with the curly hair in class to know you. That's Ok, though.)

You've written a very honest introduction, and this seems very well thought out. Though you may not think so, I believe you are well on your way to being a good writer. I think exercising your writing ability will go a long way to building your confidence.

I know the feelings you describe here and you've expressed them very well. I hope to provide a safe place for all of the class to express themselves. There's almost nothing worse than feeling judged and criticized. When you don't feel safe, you have trouble allowing your inner voice to have its own say. And honing your writing skill will help you excel at any and all of the goals you've set for yourself. (But be gentle with yourself in the process.)

Linda