Maritime South Haven: 1900-1950 by Michigan Maritime Museum
Learn about the pioneers of the auto industry through visual and interactive exhibits at the Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn. Located next door to the Henry Ford Museum, it opened in 1997. A fun and informative way to earn your My Mitten badge.
The Ford century: Ford Motor Company and the innovations that shaped the world by Russ Banham ; foreword by Paul Newman
The American auto factory by Byron Olsen and Joseph Cabadas ; foreword by Ben Hamper
Riding the roller coaster: a history of the Chrysler Corporation by Charles K. Hyde
Billy Durant: creator of General Motors by Lawrence R. Gustin
Hydroplane racing in Detroit, 1946-2008 by David D. Williams and the Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum
Visit the new exhibit at the Cranbook Art Museum and earn your My Mitten badge! Opening June 14, Michigan Modern: design that shaped America celebrates our state's contributions to modern design, including the architects Albert Kahn, Eero Saarinen, and Minoru Yamasaki. The exhibit will be available until October 13. The Cranbrook Art Museum is also part of this year's Michigan Activity Pass program.
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
Monday, July 1st, we will celebrate our state with a special MY MITTEN movie: a film shot in Marquette, MI and written by a native Michigander.
- 6:00 PM — Anatomy of a Murder (Unrated-contains mature themes)
K-5th Graders: Join us on Tuesday, August 6th from 2:00-3:00 PM in the Purple Room for a special Michigan-themed craft day! There will be a variety of Michigan crafts to choose from that celebrate many of the great things, from birds to lighthouses, that our state has to offer.