The complete book of home crafts: projects for adventurous beginners by edited by Carine Tracanelli
175 easy-to-do everyday crafts by edited by Sharon Dunn Umnik
The crafty diva's D.I.Y. stylebook: a grrrl's [sic] guide to cool creations you can make, show off, and share by Kathy Cano Murillo ; illustrated by Carrie Wheeler ; photography by John Samora
Scrapbooking made easy! by Jill A. Rinner
The joy of beading: more than 50 easy projects for jewelry, flowers, decor, accessories by Anna Borrelli ; translated by Rosanna M. Giammanco Frongia
This book read more like a fun story than a biography, and made me want to learn more about Coco Chanel. It also reminded me a little of the TV Series House of Eliott, also about fashion in the early twentieth century.
Different like Coco by Elizabeth Matthews
Parents, grandparents, and kids, 7-10, join us Saturday, July 20, 1:00-2:00 PM to make a beautiful family history charm bracelet. Design and decorate a unique charm for each member of your family out of Shrinky Dinks. Registration required.
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
Learn to create a spreadsheet and manage a list with Microsoft Excel 2010.
Prerequisite: Mouse and keyboarding skills.
Join us on Thursday, August 15 from 6:30 to 8 PM.
Join us on Thursday, June 20 from 1 to 2:30 PM.
Interested in writing? Join other adults to share your work, get feedback and discuss the craft of writing. We will meet at 2:00 PM:
- Saturday, June 8
- Saturday, June 22
[Caterpillar by Rickydavid is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]
Monday, August 5, we will celebrate our final Movie Monday by with films about BEing CREATIVE. We will begin our day exploring the 2nd Dimension and end it with a look at London's most elusive and intriguing street artist.
- Saturday, July 13-CANCELED
- Saturday, July 27-CANCELED
Sorry for any inconvenience. Join us in August when the group meets again!
Kids Art Favorites Mosaic by Patrick Q is licensed under CC BY - SA 3.0
K-5th Graders: Join us on Tuesday, August 6th from 2:00-3:00 PM in the Purple Room for a special Michigan-themed craft day! There will be a variety of Michigan crafts to choose from that celebrate many of the great things, from birds to lighthouses, that our state has to offer.
Wimpy Kid fans going into grades 3 through 6, come join us for an evening hour of fun. Make a craft, play a game, enjoy a wimpy wonder, and get some car window clings to "Wimpify" your vehicles with your favorite Kinney characters.
When: July 23, 7:00-8:00 PM
Registration begins: May 29