December 2, 2020 | jonesw
The season undoubtedly looks different this year, but the Canton Public Library is here to ensure that your family stays safe at home for the holidays! CPL Librarians have compiled some of the best library resources for you to enjoy while cozied up with your loved ones. Below, you'll find a special selection of books to share as a family and a few ideas to make your reading time a little bit snazzier.
Books to Share
All of the books listed here are available to read digitally through Hoopla. All you need is your library card to access them!
- A Family is a Family is a Family by Sara O'Leary
- Feast for 10 by Cathryn Falwell
- Golden Domes and Silver Lanterns by Hena Khan
- How to Catch a Snowman by Adam Wallace & Andy Eckerton
- Shubh Diwali! by Chitra Soundar
- We Are Grateful: Otsaliheliga by Traci Sorell
- A Winter Walk in the City by Cathy Goldberg
Animated Read-Along Books
These videos are animated versions of books with narration. If you have a streaming device at home, try downloading the Hoopla app so the whole family can enjoy a story together!
- A Big Mooncake for Little Star by Grace Lin
- The Christmas Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood
- Fry Bread: A Native American Family Story by Kevin Noble Maillard
- Hannukah Bear by Eric Kimmel
- Snow Day for Mouse by Judy Cox
- Thank You, Omu! by Oge Mora
Other Ways to Read Together
- Take turns acting out parts of the story.
- Guess what's going to happen on the next page and talk about why.
- Read a favorite book and then write your own sequel. What happens after happily ever after?
- Get the whole family involved. Who does the best voices? Who can make sound effects? Make reading a family affair!