September 6, 2018 | agudenburr
For this month, Lego engineers were challenged to build a trap for Newt Scamander to catch a Fantastic Beast! The requirements were;
- Lure: how will you attract the beast to go into the trap?
- Capture: how does your trap contain the beast without hurting it?
- Calm: how does your trap calm the beast so it can travel safely?
- David's trap is titled Gatekeeper. This trap uses sound to lure the beast in. The gate raises up and traps the beast. Then sound puts the beast to sleep.
- David also created a fort with lots of supplies.
- Asma created a Park. At this park you can take a picture, sit, and relax.
- Zayan's trap uses food to lure the monster in. When the beast walks in, it is caught in the cage. Medicine is given to calm the beast.
- Caleb's trap is titled Swordlock. This trap has a moving door that slides close to capture the beast. The spider lures the beast in and scent is used to calm the beast.
- Caleb also created Monster. This is a monster built to go inside the trap. If you open the top you can see his brains.
- Rayhan's trap uses cake to lure the beast in. Then music is played to calm the beast. The cage that holds the beast has a camera so you can watch what the beast is doing.
- Brinley's is titled Flagtrap. This trap uses flags to lure the beast in through the front door. When the beast is inside, the door locks. To calm the beast there is a massage table.
- Cassidy's Trap has a spinner that plays music to lure beast in. Once inside the pressured floor causes door to close. Medicine is sprayed with a hose to calm the beast.
- Sir creation is titled Rest Stop. This is a rest stop. It has a potty so people can go to the bathroom.