May 5, 2020 | goldenl
Governor Whitmer's executive order calling for the closure of all libraries in the state has been extended through May 28. We remain closed, pending any changes to the order or the guidelines from Canton Township Emergency Management. Here's our latest update.
- We extended the due dates on all materials checked out to July 1. While MeL items still appear on your account, please be assured that all fines that have accrued during our closure will be waived. MeL requests are suspended.
- We've suspended the ability to place holds. If you have an item on hold, your place in the queue is frozen, and if you have a hold item ready for pick up, it will be there for you when we reopen. You will not be charged for failure to pick up your hold.
- The book drop is open but there's no need to return items.
- Library cards set to expire in May and June have been renewed through September.
- If your card has expired, you can request that it be renewed.
- Need a library card? Apply online. Please allow three to five days for processing.
- Our Wi-Fi is on a timer and is set for normal library hours. It reaches the parking lot and grounds nearest the building.
- We can't accept donations at this time. Secondhand Prose is not open, and our Friends of the Library volunteers have run out of places to store donated items.
Our librarians have created a one-stop source for information relating to COVID-19, including local resources, small business help and more on our website. It is updated frequently.
We are planning for the time when we can reopen the building, and anticipate the need to follow public health guidelines for building occupancy limits and providing services. Our staff is preparing by gathering extra sanitizing supplies, planning for social distancing, and bringing other services back gradually as we work to keep our staff and our community safe and healthy. Please see our director's update for more information.
Although the doors are closed, we've added to our online resources and allowed for more checkouts on each library card. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and check our webpage for updates. If you have any questions or concerns, use the Contact Us form on our website. We appreciate your patience and support during this closure.