March 16, 2020 | goldenl
The library remains closed through April 5, 2020 but we have some updates to share.
- The due date of all items currently checked out has been extended to April 10.
- You will not be responsible for fines that may have accrued during our closure.
- We've suspended the ability to place holds. If you have an item on hold, your place in the queue will be frozen, and if you have a hold item ready for pick up, it will be there for you when we reopen.
- Our book drop is open. You may return materials if you wish.
- We've doubled the number of items you can check out each month on hoopla, from 20 items per card to 40.
- Kanopy has added 38 no-credit titles, which means these titles will not count against your monthly cap. Also, Kanopy for Kids is now free for 30 days. Warning: Increased demand for Kanopy has caused some access issues with the website.
- The Michigan Activity Pass program has been suspended until further notice.
- Our Wi-Fi is on a timer, set for library hours. It reaches out to the parking lot. Feel free to sit in your car and use it.
Thanks again for your patience and support. We've heard from many of you how much you miss coming to the library. We miss you, too. Now go wash your hands!