March 14, 2020 | goldenl
While we are still working through operational procedures during our closure, we do have some information to share about the current situation. Please keep in mind that things are still changing and we will continue to post updates.
- You will not be responsible for fines that may accrue during our closure. Fines will continue to show up on your account, but you won't have to pay them.
- We instituted autorenewal a few months ago, so any items eligible for renewal will automagically renew themselves, with no action needed by you. You may, of course, renew items yourself if you prefer, through My Account.
- Holds will not roll over, so you will not lose your place in the queue for items you've got on hold. You will not be charged for failure to pick up a hold, because, of course, you can't pick up your hold.
- Our book drop is open. You may return materials if you wish, but you don't have to if you'd prefer to stay home.
- MeL inter-library loan deliveries are suspended.
- We have a very wide range of electronic resources that you can access with your library card. You can also use our databases.
- We are responding as best we can to emails, Contact Us and social media.
Thanks for your patience and support. Our primary goal is to follow the Canton Township Emergency Management recommendations to keep our community and staff safe and healthy. Even though our doors are closed, many library services are open and we are here to help you get through this. Or, as Hagrid says, “What's comin' will come, an' we'll meet it when it does."