July 24, 2018 | gladdenk
The Chairperson, Michelle Farell, called the meeting to order at 7:32 PM.
Present: Nancy Eggenberger, Michelle Farell, Jasmine Lee, Jane Pandit, Don Turner, Amy Watts
Also Present: E. Davis, K. Gladden
- CALL TO AUDIENCE (L. Davis-Craig, M. Hathaway, D. McHugh, M. Nicholson, R. Noble, A. Saleem) – Director Eva Davis introduced staff members Lisa Davis-Craig and Megan Hathaway and guest Adam Saleem.
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved by unanimous consent.
- APPROVAL OF GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
The minutes were approved by unanimous consent.
- COMMUNICATIONS — None
- DIRECTORS REPORT — The library is 50% of the way through 2018, as of June 30th. While the financials reflect being slightly over 100% in some revenue items, this will be addressed in the 2nd Quarter Budget Amendment and the numbers will line up in August.
- TRUSTEE COMMENTS — Trustee Nancy Eggenberger expressed excitement that staff members will be making three presentations at the Michigan Library Conference in October.
Board Chair Michelle Farell will not be present at the August meeting; Vice-Chair Don Turner will stand in for her.
Secretary-Treasurer Jasmine Lee will not be available for the December meeting as scheduled. The board will discuss re-scheduling that meeting in September.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS — None
- OLD BUSINESS — None
- NEW BUSINESS
- Presentation on E-Media — Collection Development Specialist Lisa Davis-Craig and Librarian Manager Megan Hathaway spoke about the library’s most popular electronic media programs, Overdrive and Hoopla, and introduced the latest offering, Kanopy (available in August).
- Director’s Evaluation Committee — Secretary-Treasurer J. Lee and Board Trustee Amy Watts volunteered to serve on the Director’s Evaluation Committee with Board Chair M. Farell.
- Proposed 2nd Quarter Budget Amendment — D. Turner moved and N. Eggenberger supported a motion to approve the 2nd Quarter Budget Amendment as proposed.
The motion passed unanimously 18/7-19-1
- 2019 Budget and 2020-2021 Projections (1st Draft) — E. Davis reviewed the conditions under which the
Headlee Amendment is triggered, and how it affects the millage assessment the library is allowed to levy.
The board indicated their interest in discussing the staff merit pool at the August meeting.
Business Services Department Head Marian Nicholson will arrange for two energy consultants to make
presentations to the board at an upcoming meeting, possibly September. Vice-Chair D. Turner requested
that each presentation be limited to no more than 15 minutes.
- CALL TO AUDIENCE – None
The meeting was adjourned at 8:57 PM.