We are very glad to continue offering Family Storytime to our patrons, but due to changing circumstances, please read the following information thoroughly so you can choose the best option for your family.
Family Storytime provides an opportunity for caregivers to actively engage with their children under age 5.
Together with a Youth Librarian, build early literacy skills in a welcoming environment through meaningful stories, songs, and play. Encourage a love of language and reading while practicing listening and cooperative tasks. We look forward to sharing this experience with you.
With consideration for the ongoing pandemic, and in response to patron feedback, please take special note of the following:
- Registration is required for all storytimes.
- One child from each family should register: put the total number of people in your family in the note field.
- Each registration is for the entire 6-week session. Space is limited, so please only register for one 6-week session.
- To minimize disruptions, patrons who arrive more than five minutes late will not be able to enter the program.
- In the event of a storytime cancellation due to weather or unforeseen circumstances, all registered participants will be emailed. If possible, a Zoom link may be included for a live virtual storytime.
Please choose your session carefully when you register:
- Monday morning and Tuesday evening storytimes will be indoors and masks will be REQUIRED for all patrons over the age of 2 (see sessions below). Presenting Librarians will be masked.
- Wednesday and Thursday morning storytimes will be indoors and masks are RECOMMENDED for all patrons over the age of 2 (see sessions below). Fully vaccinated presenting librarians may choose not to wear a mask.
- Thursday evening and Saturday morning storytimes will be outdoors and masks are not required (see sessions below).
- All masking requirements are subject to change without notice.
If you have further questions about storytime, registration, or other library programming, please call the library at 734-397-0999.
- 1 of 2
- next ›