July 6, 2020 | Alyssa Y
As we move through our phased reopening plans, the library is now offering computer use by appointment. Computers are set up in a socially-distanced manner in the Children's Library, with 7 stations available, as well as a printer and copy card machine.
You can also call 734-397-0999 and select option #4 to book or reschedule an appointment.
- Reservations are limited to two sessions per person per day. Early sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays are reserved for members of vulnerable populations.
- Patrons are required to follow all of the library's public health and safety protocols: Remain 6 feet away from other people, wear a mask, and don't come if you feel ill or have been in contact with someone who is ill. Patrons who refuse to comply with library policies will be asked to leave.
- You will enter the Library's main entrance and exit from the West Emergency door. Parking in the West side parking lots (near Heritage Park) is recommended. If you are more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule.
- A printer is available for use, and a (cash-only) copy card is needed to release prints. Library staff cannot handle cash or give change at this time, so please bring a copy card and/or $1 bills to purchase or add value to a copy card using the self-service card machine.
- USB drives and earphones are not available at the library; please bring your own.
- Patrons are discouraged from bringing others to their appointments. If you must bring a someone, they must stay with you at the computer at all times. Please encourage guests to bring their own form of entertainment, as browsing for materials, iPads, and toys are not available at this time.
- In-library browsing, wandering, or other in-person assistance not related to computing/printing are not available at this time. If you wish to check out materials, you may place items on hold via the catalog and pick them up using our scheduled pickup service.
Per the Library's Pandemic Reopening Policy, food and drink are not permitted in the library unless medically necessary.
We are delighted to offer computer access, and we ask for your patience as we start this phase of service. We will have staff available to assist you during your visit, and we look forward to seeing you once again.