April 29, 2020 | goldenl
Governor Whitmer's executive order calling for the closure of all libraries in the state has been extended through May 15. We remain closed, pending any changes to the order or the guidelines from Canton Township Emergency Management. Here's our latest update.
- We extended the due dates on all materials checked out to May 30, including MeL items. While MeL items may still appear on your patron account, please be assured that all fines that have accrued during our closure will be waived. MeL requests are suspended.
- We've suspended the ability to place holds. If you have an item on hold, your place in the queue is frozen, and if you have a hold item ready for pick up, it will be there for you when we reopen. You will not be charged for failure to pick up your hold.
- The book drop is open but there's no need to return items.
Standard cards set to expire in March, April, May and June have been renewed through June 30.
If your card has expired, you can request that it be renewed. We will renew for your card for three months.
You can apply online for a card; allow three to five days for processing.
- Our Wi-Fi is on a timer and is set for normal library hours. It reaches the parking lot and grounds nearest the building.
- We can't accept donations at this time. Secondhand Prose is not open, and our Friends of the Library volunteers have run out of places to store donated items.
Our librarians have created a one-stop source for information relating to COVID-19, including local resources, small business help and more on our website. It is updated with new information often.
We are planning for the time when we can reopen the building, and anticipate the need to follow public health guidelines for building occupancy limits and providing services. Our staff is preparing by gathering extra sanitizing supplies, planning for social distancing, and bringing other services back gradually as we work to keep our staff and our community safe and healthy. Please see our director's update for more information.
Although the doors are closed, our online resources are still available. We hope you explore them and discover something new. We appreciate your patience and support during this closure. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and check our webpage for updates. If you have any questions or concerns, use the Contact Us form on our website.