Attention Builders! It’s time for our LEGOs® in SPACE! Building Contest. Show us your most creative, outer space design. It could be a space ship, a space battle, an alien, or even a scene from a space themed book or movie. There are multiple divisions based on age: K-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th, 7th-8th, 9th-adult. Contestants may enter individually or as part as a team. Registration begins Wednesday, December 20, and the Contest will take place Wednesday, January 3. Entries must be dropped off on January 2 between 6:00-8:00 PM or on January 3 between 9:00 AM-12:00 PM. A public viewing will be held on Wednesday, January 3, 3:00-6:00 PM and an awards ceremony at 7:00 PM. Patrons will have the opportunity to cast their vote for a Popular Vote winner separately from age category winners that will be chosen by our judges.
- Use your own LEGO®, Duplo, Megablocks or other LEGO® compatible plastic bricks, motors and materials.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO® designed kit or a project found online, in a book, or in a magazine.
- Your creation may not be larger than 2' x 2' x 2'.
- Participants must register online (beginning December 20) to ensure a space for display. Please also fill out the paper entry form (downloadable from the CPL web site) and bring it with you when you drop off your entry.
- Each person may enter only once. You may enter as an individual OR as part of a team but not both. Entering as a team is a way for families and friends to build together. Team entries will be judged in the age category of the oldest team member.
- You must adhere to the following participation schedule (see below).
- Canton Public Library cannot assume responsibility of LEGO® creations while they are on display, though we will have someone monitoring the room at all times.
- Entries must be taken home by Wednesday, January 3, by 8:45 PM.
- Tuesday, January 2
- 6:00-8:00 PM: drop off entries
- Wednesday, January 3
- 9:00 AM-12:00 PM: drop off entries
- 12:00-3:00 PM: room closed for viewing set-up and judging
- 3:00-6:00 PM: public viewing and popular vote casting
- 6:00-7:00 PM: room closed for popular vote tallying and ceremony set-up
- 7:00-8:00 PM: awards ceremony
There are no upcoming sessions available.