May 4th is the release date for the first book in The Kane Chronicles, a new fiction series for kids by Rick Riordan. The first book is called The Red Pyramid, and the series is going to relate to the ancient Egyptian gods. It sounds like it's going to be full of adventure and suspense, just like Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
|Friday, April 30||Noon-7:00PM|
|Saturday, May 1||10:00AM-7:00PM|
|Sunday, May 2||10:00AM-5:00PM|
I am an aspiring writer with the worst procrastination habit (not very difficult when you have neither publisher nor deadline.)
Recently, someone suggested that joining a writing group might help me to become more productive as well as give me access to constructive criticism and encouragement. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find one in the area.
Would anyone be interested in starting a Christian/clean-fiction writing group?
I have a vintage KitchenAid stand mixer that is in need of a new electrical cord. Can anyone recommend a good place locally that could do that? Thanks!
It seems like every blog out there has featured posts lately about making and/or hacking furniture and decorations. Here are some of the best:
- Dollar Store Crafts highlighted a wonderful $15 makeover of a renter's kitchen
- Unplggd has 5 Ways To Make Your Office Chair Suck A Little Less
- They also have a guide for How To Choose the Right TV Wall Mount
- ikea hacker has great new ideas all the time
- Lifehacker readers have been posting their workspaces to this Flickr pool
- wikiHow has an interesting page about How to Divide a Room Without Dividers
- Make: Online featured a great DIY overhead kitchen rack
Furniture you can build : projects that hone your skills by Joe Hurst-Wajszczuk
Build your own home office furniture by Danny Proulx
Creative storage solutions for your home by Rick Williams
Shop-tested outdoor furniture you can make [from the editors of Wood magazine]
Building real furniture for everyday life by Chris Gleason
Shop-tested small furniture you can make [from the editors of Wood magazine]
Just want to say Thanks for the notification--good idea and I dropped off the 2 books this AM-thanks again!