|Vending Cafe Request for Proposal.pdf||106.64 KB|
- Use your own LEGO®, Duplo, Megablocks or other LEGO® compatible plastic bricks, motors and materials. If your entry is Motorized you will be asked to show your vehicle in motion at the reception.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO® designed kit or a project found online, in a book, etc.
- Your creation may not be larger than 2’ x 2’ x 2’.
- Participants must register online to ensure a space for display. Please also fill out the paper entry form (attached below) and bring it with you when you drop off your entry.
- Each person may enter only once. You may enter as part of a Team or as an individual. Entering as a Team is a way for families (parents and children) or friends to build together. Team entries will be judged separately. Only one person need register for the Team. Please note that Team members will be competing for a single prize.
- Please indicate on your paper entry form whether your entry is Motorized or Unmotorized. Motorized means some part of your vehicle moves using an independent power source (rubber-band wind up, batteries, remote control, etc.). These will be judged separately.
- Participants can begin to drop off projects on Monday, January 5 at 9:00 AM. Completed projects must be delivered to Canton Public Library by 9:00 PM on Thursday, January 8.
- LEGO® creations will be on display in the Community Room (where patrons can cast their vote) Saturday, January 10, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM and Sunday, January 11, 12:00 - 3:00 PM. Canton Public Library cannot assume responsibility of LEGO® creations while they are on display, though we will have someone monitoring the room at all times.
- The Awards Ceremony will take place on Sunday, January 11 at 4:00 PM in the Community Room.
- Entries must be taken home by 9:00 PM Monday, January 12.
|Lego Dream Vehicle Entry Form.docx||50.35 KB|
Do you love summertime in northern Michigan? Can't get enough of Detroit Rock City? Pining for that Pinconning cheese? Show us where you've vacationed in the Wolverine state. Come in to the library and place a star sticker on your latest destination on our Michigan map and earn your My Mitten On the Scene badge. Haven't had time to venture out this summer? Stick a star on your all-time favorite spot in the mitten.
After you've stuck your sticker log on to the CYS home page and claim your badge to be entered in a prize drawing!
In our Chow Down activity you find the food words missing from book titles. Stop by the library to get one of these activity sheets and start hunting! We've made one for kids and one for older folks. Find all the words and turn the sheet back in to us, and your will be entered in a prize drawing.
Do you love living in Michigan? Kids ages 5-9 can register online to join us at the library on Wednesday, July 9 from 2:00-2:45 PM for a fun Mitten State celebration. We'll read some stories that take place in the Great Lakes State, and have fun creating a Michigan-themed craft.