The Vice-Chairperson, Don Turner, called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM.
Present: Nancy Eggenberger, Jasmine Lee, Jane Pandit, Don Turner
Absent: Michelle Farell, Amy Watts
Also Present: E. Davis, K. Gladden
- CALL TO AUDIENCE (L. Golden, D. Huntzicker, B. Madziar, M. Nicholson, R. Noble, N. Szczepanski)
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved by unanimous consent.
- APPROVAL OF GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
The minutes were approved by unanimous consent.
- COMMUNICATIONS — E. Davis shared a “thank you” note from the Hazel Park District Library for the decommissioned computers the library donated to them.
- DIRECTORS REPORT
- Davis reviewed the financial reports, pointing out that the library is 41% of the way through the year. While fringe benefits; professional & contractual; insurance; and capital outlay are trending high, they will all fall in line as the year progresses.
- The first of two state aid checks have been received and is larger than had been budgeted for (state aid funding comes in two equal payments)
- TRUSTEE COMMENTS
- Trustee N. Eggenberger has signed up for the new text notification service and is very enthusiastic about it.
- Vice-Chair D. Turner asked if there were any security concerns regarding the Canton’s Front Porch program; Davis assured him that the program area will be overseen by both security cameras and library staff.
- Secretary-Treasurer J. Lee was impressed by the size of the Connect Your Summer program; Community Relations Department Head Laurie Golden told the board that all program materials have already needed to be re-ordered. She estimated that 75% of the approximately 1200 participants had signed up in the last four days.
- J. Lee also thanked the board and staff for the Edible Arrangement she had received acknowledging the recent birth of her son.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS — None
- OLD BUSINESS — None
- NEW BUSINESS
- Presentation of 2017-2018 Healthcare Plan Contract Options — Kapnick Insurance representatives Dave Huntzicker and Beth Madziar discussed the differences between the two Blue Care Network options under consideration. Other plans had been investigated but proved to be far costlier than the BCN plans. The Healthy Blue Living renewal costs about 2% less than the current contract, so this is the recommendation.
- Approve 2017-2018 Healthcare Plan Contract — N. Eggenberger moved and J. Pandit supported a motion to approve the renewal of the Blue Care Network’s Healthy Blue Living HMO Platinum 500 plan for the August 1, 2017 – July 31, 2018 contract year.
The motion passed unanimously 17/6-22-1
- Approve Employee Cost-Sharing Method for Medical Premiums as Outlined by Michigan Public Act 152 (Publicly Funded Health Insurance Act) – N. Eggenberger moved and J. Lee supported a motion to approve 80/20 as the Employee Cost-Sharing Method for Medical Premiums for the August 1, 2017 – July 31, 2018 contract year, in compliance with Michigan Public Act 152.
The motion passed unanimously 17/6-22-2
- Discussion of IT Security Policy (1st Reading) — Davis explained that the policy was a consolidation of language from the library’s legal advisor and various library policies into one document to satisfy PCI compliance requirements.
The board will vote on approving the policy at the July meeting.
- CALL TO AUDIENCE – None
The meeting was adjourned at 8:09 PM.