- Call the Meeting to Order
- Call to Audience (5 min. maximum)
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Director's Report
- Committee Reports
- Unfinished Business and General Orders
- Jungle Java Express Lease Renewal discussion
- First Quarter Budget Amendment
- New Business
- President's Volunteer Service Award presentation
- Plante & Moran 2012 Audit presentation
- Call to Audience
Celebrate National Poetry Month by getting to know more about the lives of some of our greatest poets:
Longfellow: a rediscovered life by Charles C. Calhoun
Yeats's ghosts: the secret life of W.B. Yeats by Brenda Maddox
Dylan Thomas: a new life by Andrew Lycett
From noon to starry night: a life of Walt Whitman by Philip Callow
Rough magic: a biography of Sylvia Plath by Paul Alexander
- Meatless Mondays: April 22, 7:00 PM. One meatless day per week helps take a big strain off the environment. Door to Door Organics explains.
- Michigan Made: April 23, 7:00 PM. Taste and experience Michigan made products from Heart of Michigan.
- Rain Gardens and Live Walls: April 25, 7:00 PM. Learn to create eco-friendly rain gardens and living plant walls with landscaper Jeremy Christianson.
- Native American Dancers for Mother Earth: April 27, 2:00 PM. Enjoy the rhythmic sounds and beautiful dance that celebrates Mother Earth.
Star seeker: a journey to outer space by Theresa Heine, Victor Tavares
Stars! Stars! Stars! by written and illustrated by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
Full Moon and star by Lee Bennett Hopkins ; illustrated by Marcellus Hall
How to catch a star by Oliver Jeffers
Stars by Mary Lyn Ray and ; [illustrated by] Marla Frazee
Reagan and Thatcher: the difficult relationship by Richard Aldous
Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher: a political marriage by Nicholas Wapshott
The Iron Lady: a biography of Margaret Thatcher by Hugo Young
The Downing Street years by Margaret Thatcher
Life itself: a memoir by Roger Ebert
I hated, hated, hated this movie by Roger Ebert
The great movies III by Roger Ebert
The great movies II by Roger Ebert ; photo stills by Mary Corliss
The great railroad revolution: the history of trains in America by Christian Wolmar
Railroads across North America: an illustrated history by Claude Wiatrowski
The robber barons: the great American capitalists, 1861- 1901 by Matthew Josephson
The wild iris by Louise Gluck — 1993 — Gluck's sixth collection presents a series of spare, somber lyrics that has always invested his best work.
Neon vernacular: new and selected poems by Yusef Komunyakaa — 1994 — A collection of poems from the author's earlier books combined with a dozen new poems.
Dodsworth in New York by written and illustrated by Tim Egan
Cork & Fuzz by Dori Chaconas ; illustrated by Lisa McCue
Iris and Walter by written by Elissa Haden Guest ; illustrated by Christine Davenier
Houndsley and Catina and the birthday surprise by James Howe ; illustrated by Marie-Louise Gay
Mouse and Mole, fine feathered friends by Wong Herbert Yee