Computer-Savvy Teen Volunteers Needed
Teens (aged 14-18) are needed to assist patrons with computer- and Internet-related questions or problems. In addition to computer software and Internet skills, qualifying applicants will be friendly and approachable, at ease and eager to work with patrons of all ages and levels of ability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Help library patrons with questions re: Microsoft software applications
- Help patrons with Internet-related questions (including how to get on the web and how to perform Internet searches)
- Assist patrons in setting up email accounts, placing Craigslist ads, creating and posting to Facebook pages, and working with other social networking sites
- Assist patrons in filling out and posting/uploading online resumes and applications
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Must be between 14 and 18 years old
- Skilled in Internet searching
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must commit to six (6) months of service, with a minimum of one 2-hour shift per week
Applicants must meet all requirements and be able to fulfill all duties and responsibilities without training from library personnel. We will not offer any computer skills training for this volunteer position.
Volunteer shifts for this program will be from 6:00-8:00PM on Mondays through Thursdays.
Applicants should complete a Volunteer Application and return it to the Reception Desk by 6:00PM on Sunday, September 9.