There are many days to celebrate dance throughout the year. Take this moment to pause and get your dance on, in honor of the original July National Dance Day. Try one of these suggestions to get you up and moving.
- Kids and the young at heart can get warmed up with Jim Gill's List of Dances and to take it to the next level, have a Silly Dance Contest.
- Play one of our our Playlists and dance however you like. Or make your own playlist with your own favorite tunes.
- Celebrate being able to come together again and Host a Home Dance Party.
- Beginning on June 22, register to attend Lit Lab: Dance Your Cares Away (for families with children ages 4-9)
- Check out a dance-based video game to step up your game.
If you need a break from the boogie, learn about some of the special dance holidays that take place throughout the year:
- International Dance Day (April)
- National Tap Dance Day (May)
- World Lindy Hop Day (May)
- National Dance Day (July)
- National Dance Day (September)
- World Ballet Day (October)
Don't forget to share your experiences and use the hashtag #HowDoYou62 on your social media accounts. Tag us on Facebook and Twitter @CantonLibrary or on Instagram @CantonPublicLibrary so we can see what you've been up to.