August 27, 2012 | baluchr
Kids in 1st through 6th grade are invited to take part in CPL's very first LEGO contest. Participants will build their dream library out of LEGO and have it displayed in the Children's Library during the month of September. Please read all contest rules and register beforehand. There will be one winner for each age division, 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th, as well as one popular-vote winner decided by library patrons. Winners will be announced at the Family LEGO day on Saturday, September 29th.
- Use your own LEGO, Duplo, Megablocks or other LEGO compatible plastic brick
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO designed kit, project found online/in a book or magazine
- Your creation must fit on one 10" by 10" LEGO baseplate. Your completed project may be no taller than 2 feet tall
- Participants must register to ensure a space for display. One entry per registrant
- Entries may be submitted by a team of up to 3 builders. Team entries should be registered under the name of the oldest participant. They will be judged in that age division. If you choose to submit a project as a team you will not be able to also submit an individual creation
- Please provide a sign/label with your first name and age, the title of your project, and a short description highlighting what makes your "Dream Library" special. This will help voters make their decisions
- Completed projects must be delivered to Canton Public Library by 6:00 PM on Friday, September 7th
- There will be a LEGO reception on Monday, September 10th at 5:00 PM in the Purple Room for contest participants to show off their creations to other library patrons. Contest Participants are invited to attend
- LEGO creations will be on display in the public area of the Children' library for two weeks. Canton Public Library cannot assume responsibility of LEGO creations while they are on display
- The Awards Ceremony will take place on the Family LEGO Day on Saturday, September 29th at 2:00 PM
- Entries must be taken home by Tuesday, October 2nd
And don't forget to nominate the Canton Public Library for the LEGO DUPLO Read! Build! Play! Project.