We Need a Summer Volunteer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Pull books from library collection for review, then re-shelve them after review
Required Qualifications and Skills: Ability to shelve books in proper alphabetical order; familiarity with Dewey decimal system preferred
- Ability to reach upper book shelves to take/re-shelve books, using stool
- Ability to push fully loaded book cart
- Ability to lift and carry heavy books
- Ability to read spine labels well enough to shelve accurately
- Ability to understand spoken instruction and to communicate clearly with supervisor
Schedule: Two-hour shifts on Mondays and/or Thursdays (Mondays: between 2:00-8:00 PM; Thursdays: between 10:00 AM-5:00 PM).
Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 8 at 6:00 PM, either at the Reception Desk or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This description is not a contract between the library and the volunteer. The library reserves the right to revise this job description at its discretion.