Attendance at Library events constitutes consent to be photographed for use in print and/or electronic publicity for the Canton Public Library.
Canton Public Library's 2013 LEGO contest
Canton Public Library's second annual LEGO contest will be held September 28-29. This year, participants are asked to think creatively and build a Family Dream House. Please read all contest rules and register before hand to ensure space for display. There will be one winner for each grade division, 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th, and 7th-8th as well as one popular-vote winner decided by library patrons. Winners will be announced at a reception at the close of the contest on Sunday, September 29 at 4:00 PM.
- Use your own LEGO, Duplo, Megablocks or other LEGO compatible plastic brick.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO designed kit, project found online/in a book or magazine.
- Your creation must fit on one 10" by 10" LEGO baseplate. Your completed project may be no taller than 2 feet tall.
- Participants must register to ensure a space for display. One entry per registrant.
- Entries may be submitted by a team of up to 3 builders. Team entries should be registered under the name of the oldest participant. They will be judged in that age division. If you choose to submit a project as a team you will not be able to also submit an individual creation.
- Please provide a sign/label with your first name and age, the title of your project, and a short description highlighting what makes your "Dream Home" special. This will help voters make their decisions.
- Participants can begin to drop off projects on Monday, September 23rd at 9:00AM. Completed projects must be delivered to Canton Public Library by 9:00 PM on Thursday, September 26.
- LEGO creations will be on display in the Community Room on Saturday September 28th and Sunday September 29th. Canton Public Library cannot assume responsibility of LEGO creations while they are on display.
- The Awards Ceremony will take place on Sunday, September 29 at 4:00 PM in the Community Room.
- Entries must be taken home by Tuesday, October 1.