You are probably no stranger to the term "invasive species." If not familiar with the term, then you have at least heard the names of some of the species like the sea lamprey, Asian carp, and/or Emerald Ash Borer. Garry Hamilton examines the impacts of invasive species in Super Species: The Creatures That Will Dominate the Planet. While many experts view invasive species as a threat to biodiversity, others believe these creatures may be nature's way of restoring ecological vibrancy in the wake of human-mediated destruction.
- They operate entirely in Michigan
- They are headquartered in Michigan with additional operations outside the state
- They are a Michigan-owned franchise or affiliate with some fees or revenue paid out of state
Dr. Craig Perdue will talk about behavioral ecology on Thursday, April 21, 3:00-4:30PM, in a presentation entitled "Bird Ancestors, Adaptations and Conversation." He will share his knowledge about working with birds of prey and other animals and explain how our actions impact their world. There is no registration required for this all ages program.
[Note: Dr. Perdue's program includes live birds.]
- Everything Green — Monday, April 18, 11:00-11:45AM (children, 1st through 3rd grade)
- Vegetarian Eating — Monday, April 18, 7:00-8:30PM (adult)
- Scrapbox Fun! — Tuesday, April 19, 1:00-3:00PM (all ages)
- Green Gardening — Tuesday, April 19, 7:00-8:30PM (adult)
- Recycled Crafts — Wednesday, April 20, 2:00-3:00PM (all ages)
- Bob the Bee Guy — Wednesday, April 20, 7:00-8:30PM (adult)
- Craig Perdue, Naturalist — Thursday, April 21, 3:00-4:30PM (all ages)
Canton Public Library has a self-service fax machine in our service area near the copy/print machines. In this video, one of our librarians shows you how to send a domestic fax. For further help, dial 1 (800) 468-2748.
The kiosk accepts credit, debit and check cards. Outgoing faxes only. Domestic: $1.75 first page, $1.00 each additional page. International: $3.99 first page, $3.45 each additional page.
MiEarth.org is a website containing videos "designed to celebrate great environmental work in Michigan, educate people about what they can do, and inspire them to take action." You can view videos about a variety of environmental topics and projects in Michigan. If you log in and create an account, you can even post one yourself. There are several different categories of videos on the site including "Green Communities", "My View" and "Green Inc" where you can learn about the sustainable practices of posted local companies and organizations. The website also has an environmentally-themed blog.