The Chairperson, Michelle Farell, called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM.
Present: Nancy Eggenberger, Michelle Farell, Jasmine Lee, Jane Pandit, Amy Watts
Absent: Don Turner
Also Present: E. Davis, K. Gladden
- CALL TO AUDIENCE (M. Coughlin, L. Golden, R. Havenstein-Coughlin, B. Madziar, D. McHugh, M. Nicholson, S. Sharma, N. Szczepanski) - None
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved by unanimous consent.
- APPROVAL OF GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
The minutes were approved by unanimous consent.
- COMMUNICATIONS — E. Davis distributed an informational flyer from the Library of Michigan, geared toward library trustees.
- DIRECTORS REPORT — The library is 42% of the way through 2018. While the financials reflect being over in the areas of Insurance, Capital Outlay and Professional & Contractual, this is because of expenditures for premiums and the capital construction project, which had to be paid early in the year. These numbers will fall in line as the year progresses.
- TRUSTEE COMMENTS — None
- COMMITTEE REPORTS — None
- OLD BUSINESS — None
- NEW BUSINESS
- 2018-2019 Healthcare Plan Contract Options — Beth Madziar of Kapnick Insurance presented three healthcare plan options for the board’s consideration for the 2018-2019 plan contract year.
- Approve 2018-2019 Healthcare Plan Contract — N. Eggenberger moved and A. Watts supported a motion to approve the renewal of Blue Care Network’s Healthy Blue Living HMO Platinum 500 plan for the August 1, 2018 – July 31, 2019 contract year.
The motion passed unanimously 18/6-13-1
- Approve Employee Cost-Sharing Method for Medical Premiums as Outlined by Michigan Public Act 152 (Publicly Funded Health Insurance Act) — N. Eggenberger moved and J. Lee supported a motion to approve the Hard Cap as the employee cost-sharing method for medical premiums for the August 1, 2018 – July 31, 2019 contract year, in compliance with Michigan Public Act 152.
The motion passed unanimously 18/6-13-2
- 2019 Budget Discussion: Revenues — As the first draft of the 2019 budget proposal will be presented to the board at the July meeting, Davis requested that the board make clear to her their wishes re: revenues
- Millage rate: the board wishes to retain the current millage rate as allowed with the Headlee reduction (1.5006 mills)
- Property tax collection rate: the board is comfortable with the assumption of a 98% collection rate
- Use of Fund Balance: there will be no large construction project in 2019; however, smaller capital expenditures will be made (repairs to ramps and sidewalks; upgrades to the Friends donations area, the Sorter Room and outside landscaping)
- Overview of 62 Days of Summer — Community Relations Department Head L. Golden reviewed the new summer program and distributed starter kits to the board members.
- CALL TO AUDIENCE – None
The meeting was adjourned at 8:24 PM.