The Chairperson, Michelle Farell, called the meeting to order at 7:31 PM.
Present: Nancy Eggenberger, Michelle Farell, Jasmine Lee, Jane Pandit, Don Turner, Amy Watts
Also Present: E. Davis, K. Gladden
- CALL TO AUDIENCE (D. McHugh, M. Nicholson, R. Noble, N. Szczepanski) - None
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved by unanimous consent.
- APPROVAL OF GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
The minutes were approved by unanimous consent.
- COMMUNICATIONS — Director Eva Davis shared a letter written by a teen patron, requesting that the library increase its operating hours on Sunday evenings until 8:00 or 9:00 PM. While not an option at this time, Board members agreed that the issue deserved consideration for the future and asked Davis to add it to the March agenda to begin discussions.
- DIRECTORS REPORT — Plante Moran auditors will be at the library February 19-23 for the annual audit; they will present their findings to the board at the April meeting.
- The financials show that the library is over-spent in the Capital Outlay category due to the construction project. Funds for the project will be pulled into the budget in April with the 1st Quarter Budget Amendment, and will fall within the expenditure number that had been approved by the board in September.
- TRUSTEE COMMENTS — Secretary/Treasurer Jasmine Lee queried whether the Plante Moran auditors would be presenting a quick summary of the library’s current ratios and liquid assets as part of their report. Vice Chair Don Turner explained that the scope of auditors’ mission focused on how finances had been managed by library staff, and on such peripherals as the ratio of the fund balance to the operating budget.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS — None
- OLD BUSINESS — None
- NEW BUSINESS
- Preliminary 2018 Monthly Board Meeting Agendas — The board briefly discussed the outline presented by Davis.
- Board Committees — Chair Michelle Farell thanked the Retirement Benefits Committee and the Director’s Evaluation Committee for their work in 2017, and as their assigned tasks are complete, dissolved them. Chair Farell will appoint a 2018 Director’s Evaluation Committee in late summer.
- Proposal to Convert Supervisor Positions to Full-Time Status — Davis stated that the written proposal outlined the rationale for converting the three positions to full-time status.
N. Eggenberger moved and D. Turner supported a motion to approve the proposal to convert three
supervisor positions to full-time status.
The motion passed unanimously 18/2-15-1
- CALL TO AUDIENCE – None
The meeting was adjourned at 8:11 PM.