The Chairperson, Michelle Farell, called the meeting to order at 7:30 PM.
Present: Michelle Farell, Jasmine Lee, Jane Pandit, Don Turner
Absent: Nancy Eggenberger, Amy Watts
Also Present: E. Davis, K. Gladden
- CALL TO AUDIENCE (L. Golden, D. McHugh, M. Nicholson, R. Noble)
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved as amended by unanimous consent.
- APPROVAL OF GENERAL MEETING MINUTES
The minutes were approved as amended by unanimous consent.
- COMMUNICATIONS — Eva Davis reported that she had received a “thank you” note from the principal at Canton High School for the donated wooden chairs, which had been in storage since the library replaced them during renovation.
- DIRECTORS REPORT — Librarian Joyce Simowski has announced that she will retire at the end of the year. Liz Rasberry has accepted a librarian position at the Livonia Public Library; her last day at CPL will be December 28, 2017. The administration and staff are very happy for both of them, but they will be missed.
- The library is 92% through the year, and any inconsistencies in the financials will be corrected in the 4th Quarter Budget Amendment. This will adjust the actual expenditures as closely as possible to the anticipated expenditures. The goal is to apply contingency fund dollars to construction costs from this past winter. This will be balanced out by a Transfer of Fund Balance request, which will also be presented later in the meeting.
- TRUSTEE COMMENTS — None
- COMMITTEE REPORTS — None
- OLD BUSINESS
- Nominate and Elect 2018 Officers — Vice-Chair Don Turner expressed his willingness to relinquish his position to allow one of the newer board members the opportunity to serve as Vice-Chair. Trustees Jasmine Lee and Jane Pandit are content to remain in their current positions for one more year and all trustees reiterated their desire to re-elect the current board slate for a second term.
J. Pandit moved and D. Turner supported a motion to nominate the present slate of officers to serve a
second term in 2018.
The motion passed unanimously 17/12-14-1
J. Pandit moved and J. Lee supported a motion to re-elect the current slate of officers to serve a second term
The motion passed unanimously 17/12-14-2
- NEW BUSINESS
- Approve Proposed 4th Quarter Budget Amendment — The board briefly discussed the reserve contingency and the rebuilding of the fund balance in coming years.
J. Lee moved and J. Pandit supported a motion to approve the 4th Quarter Budget Amendment as presented.
The motion passed unanimously 17/12-14-3
- Approve Fund Balance Transfer — J. Lee moved and D. Turner supported a motion to approve the fund balance transfer as presented.
The motion passed unanimously 17/12-14-4
- CALL TO AUDIENCE – None
The meeting was adjourned at 7:58 PM.