Photo courtesy of AP Images.
Don't forget our other language database, Mango Languages that offers over 20 languages all available to you online as well.
Location: Cobo Center
The NAIAS is one of the premier international auto shows in the world and the public show is where you get to see it all. This year the show features more than 700 vehicles, representing the most innovative designs in the world, with over 30 of those being worldwide introductions. Don't miss it for the world.
All the Living by C.E. Morgan. Aloma moves to her boyfriend Orren's Kentucky farm when his family dies in a car accident. And as a bereaved Orren withdraws, Aloma's chances of becoming a concert pianist diminish. Read by Julia Gibson
Closing Time: a Memoir by Joe Queenan. Queenan's deeply funny and affecting memoir about his great escape from a childhood of poverty in a Philadelphia housing project in the early 1960s. Read by Johnny Heller
Visit CPL's home page to learn Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Japanese, German, Greek, Chinese (Mandarin), ESL Spanish, and more. First time users will be asked to create a username and password for the system to keep track of the progress. Remote access is for Canton Library cardholders only.
- The challenge for Africa by Wangari Maathai
- A beautiful place to die by Malla Nunn
- Ivory's ghosts: the white gold of history and the fate of elephants by John F. Walker
- Playing the enemy: Nelson Mandela and the game that made a nation by John Carlin
- Cry, the beloved country by Alan Paton
- A change of altitude by Anita Shreve
- Tea time for the traditionally built by Alexander McCall Smith
- The Egyptologist by Arthur Phillips
- The laughter of dead kings by Elizabeth Peters
- Heart of darkness by Joseph Conrad
America's longest running antique car show fills the grounds of Greenfield Village with the sights, sounds, and smells of hundreds of authentic vehicles from the 1890s through 1932. Enjoy a self-guided tour, attend a presentation, talk to proud car owners, or just sit back and watch the parade of cars go by. Old Car Festival is free to members and free with Greenfield Village admission.