March 16, 2006 | cpl_admin
The meeting was called to order by the Chairman, James Fausone, at 7:30 p.m.
Present: R. Eva, J. Fausone, J. Gillig, G. Snow, C. Young,
Also Present: J. Tabor, S. Rzetelny
CALL TO AUDIENCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved with one addition.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
The minutes of the February 16th meeting were approved as submitted.
- J. Gillig presented an article from U.S. News & World Report. "All About Books, Sony Reader".
REPORT OF THE LIBRARY DIRECTOR
- The 2005 audit has been completed with the report to be presented at the April meeting.
- A demonstration of the new I-Branch has been scheduled for the April meeting.
- Legislative Day in Lansing is scheduled for May 9th, Relay for Life - May 19th, Library Day at Comerica Park - Sunday, May 21st.
- Circulation on some days has now reached 6000.
- Facilities Manager, Pete Pitzen has announced his retirement. The position will revert to a full-time position with the new hire.
- Interviews for the Children's Department Head will begin the week of April 2. We received fourteen applications and will interview seven applicants.
- Records are presently being loaded into the new MeLCat catalog.
- 2005 Materials Replacement Statistics were presented. To make the information more meaningful the Board requested the number of items that patrons claimed were returned for which we didn't receive compensation.
Non-Resident Circulation - Discussion was held regarding rising non-resident circulation numbers. Jean will draft a letter to Van Buren Township letting them know that we will be looking at possible charges and/or restrictions on borrowing by Van Buren residents. Jean will find out what Belleville's circulation was in 2005 and if we can separate borrowing statistics for the three entities: Belleville, Sumpter and Van Buren.
CALL TO AUDIENCE
The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Rick Eva - Board Secretary