Meeting Minutes -- June 15, 2006
The meeting was called to order by the Chairman, James Fausone, at 7:30 p.m.
Present: J. Fausone, R. Eva, J. Gillig, G. Snow, C. Young, N. Williams
Also Present: J. Tabor, S. Rzetelny
CALL TO AUDIENCE
Amalia Ash, Angie Hall - Wayne State University Students
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved as presented.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
The minutes of the May 18th meeting were approved as submitted.
REPORT OF THE LIBRARY DIRECTOR
- The bookworm float will not be able to maneuver through the construction on Ford Road and it was decided that the library would not participate in the Liberty Fest parade this year. We have reserved the float for next year's parade.
- Carpet for the children's department has been chosen. Shaw is checking to see if the design chosen can be produced in broadloom due to pattern matching considerations. Design and color are still being considered for the adult areas. Installation will most likely occur in August and will be a long process, as it will have to be done after hours.
- A finalized version of the Endowment plaque will be completed soon. The board recommended that payment for the plaque be made from the general fund as opposed to asking the Friends to donate the funds.
- We are investigating the feasibility of an ATM machine, which has been a patron request, being installed at the library. Representatives from Chase have reviewed our site and will be making a recommendation soon. The ATM must be placed on the front of the building and allow 24 hour access. There was some concern expressed about appearance. It was decided, if Chase approves the library as a site, the board would like to see a picture of the machine before agreeing to the installation.
- Jim Laffey, our new facilities manager, contracted Scrub-a-Home to clean the gum and residue from the entrance sidewalks. They did a great job and now Jim will be able to keep up with this chore.
- Trane was called in to evaluate our HVAC after the recent electrical brown-out which forced the evening closing of the library. It has been determined that our Tracer DDC control unit needs to be replaced at a cost of $32,660.00. In addition, it is Trane's recommendation that plans should be made to replace the 2 old HVAC units within a couple of years. Trane will come in to do an evaluation of our HVAC needs and provide an estimate on the replacement of the two units.
R. Eva moved and C. Young seconded to accept the Trane bid to replace the Tracer Control Unit and make the necessary budget adjustment from the reserve to equipment repairs.
The motion passed 6/06-18-1
- Jean proposes a 4-color postcard with graphics for the next endowment drive mailing to reduce cost.
- August Board Meeting
N. Williams moved and R. Eva seconded approval for the August Meeting to be changed from August 17 to August 10, 2006.
The motion passed 6/06-18-2
Congratulations to Jean on her election to the MLA Board.
CALL TO AUDIENCE
The meeting was adjourned by the Board Chairmanat 8:00 p.m.
Rick Eva - Board Secretary