January 18, 2007 | cpl_admin
The meeting was called to order by the Chairman, James Fausone, at 7:30 p.m.
Present: J. Fausone, J. Gillig, G. Snow
, C. Van Auken, N. Williams, C. Young
Also Present: J. Tabor, S. Rzetelny
CALL TO AUDIENCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved with additions.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
The minutes of the December 18th meeting were approved as written.
REPORT OF THE LIBRARY DIRECTOR
- Renovations to the offices and sorting are complete. New fans have been added to the sorting area. The new tween area reference desk is in production, the computer table needs to be raised, some electrical work needs to be completed, and the large chairs need to be refinished before this area is completely finished.
- Endowment Activities - Plans have been made for 2007 endowment activities such as February's "Love Your Library". Jean and Laurie Golden will attend a fundraising class in April/May. Board members were encouraged to attend. Laurie and Sheryl will be investigating donor software. Jean spoke with Graftiki and the new plaque will be installed by 1/26 or there will be no charge.
- Amazon Partnering -Jean was advised by the attorney that proceeds from this partnership could not be used for the endowment due to the endowment's present structure. Jean will pursue this further.
- Café - N. Williams, J. Tabor and J. Gillig visited Jungle Java and report the operation running smoothly, a very clean kitchen and customer area and extensive food and beverage menu. The close proximity to the library would allow delivery of fresh food daily. The café committee will meet 1/29 to review the proposal and present contract with Paul Papperelli.
- Sprinkler Well - Due to the high water and sewage cost discussion was held regarding the feasibility of drilling a well for sprinkler system use. J. Tabor will research well drilling permitting and approvals with the township. J. Gillig will explore the well drilling cost.
- Unfunded Pension Liability - The 2006 year-end reserve is $325,000 and will rise after the audit. J. Tabor was asked to obtain a dollar amount to fully fund the employee pension and will report back at the 2/15 meeting.
- Board Website Information - The board biographies will retain the present format on the website.
- Ford Road Project - After discussion about the scope of this project the board is skeptical as to the library role at this site. The next committee meeting is 1/25. Jean was asked look into what the actual library presence would be to see if this project is viable.
- Jean suggested it might be time to add a development coordinator to the staff.
CALL TO AUDIENCE
Meeting was adjourned at 8:21 PM.
James Gillig - Secretary-Treasurer