February 16, 2006 | cpl_admin
February 16, 2006 -- 7:30 p.m.
The meeting was called to order by the Chairman, James Fausone, at 7:30 p.m.
R. Eva, J. Fausone, J. Gillig, G. Snow, C. Young, N. Williams
J. Tabor, S. Rzetelny
CALL TO AUDIENCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved as presented
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
The minutes of the January 19th meeting were approved as submitted.
- Note from Salem High School principal, Gerald Ostoin, thanking the library for the donation of chairs.
REPORT OF THE LIBRARY DIRECTOR
- Advertising for the replacement Children's Department Head has been placed in several locations with a deadline of March 10. Judy Teachworth's last day will be April 21st.
- The audit will begin Monday, February 27.
- Jean turned down a request to run for MLA president. She will appear on Comcast's "Newsmaker" to be taped in mid-March and run at the end of April.
- Tom Yack's submission appears on-line in the Fav Five. Jean encouraged the board members to participate.
- New banners have been installed in the parking lot, which will be changed three to four times yearly.
- The "word of mouth" marketing campaign has begun with the focus being "Everything Canton" and travel.
- The State of the Township meeting will be March 15 at the Canton Theater. Registration is required.
- Paul Papparelli was given an extension to pay his end of year invoice. It must be paid in full by June. Jean will keep the board updated. Paul was also asked to provide more variety, as many staff members are frequent lunch customers.
- A Shaw carpeting representative visited to see the condition of our carpeting. He took samples of both the new and present carpet for evaluation. Stanley Steemer (who is recommended by Shaw carpeting) was contacted about the cleaning solution they use and forwarded this information to Shaw. Jean will continue to work with Rewold on this issue.
- The redesigned Internet Branch is due out by April or May.
- James Fausone requested additional information on Unique Collection Services. He would like to see the total dollar amount turned over to them for collection. He also requested some context to the internet usage statistics.
- Brokerage Account - James Fausone reviewed the Scottrade application which requires a board resolution. This account is necessary to accept and resell stock given to the library.
R. Eva moved and C. Young seconded to give the Board Chairman and Library Director authority to make necessary changes to the café contract.The motion passed 2/06-16-1.
CALL TO AUDIENCE
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Rick Eva - Board Secretary