Meeting Minutes -- December 21, 2006
The meeting was called to order by the Chairman, James Fausone, at 7:30 p.m.
Present: J. Fausone, J. Gillig, N. Williams, C. Van Auken
Absent: G. Snow, C. Young,
Also Present: J. Tabor, S. Rzetelny
CALL TO AUDIENCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
The agenda was approved as presented.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
The minutes of the November 30th meeting were approved as written.
- Patron comments regarding restroom bathing.
REPORT OF THE LIBRARY DIRECTOR
- Renovations to the youth department for the new tween area and the sorting area are nearly complete. Installation of the remaining carpet will be coordinated and should be accomplished by the holidays.
- J. Fausone requested posting a notice pointing out that the carpet installation was at no charge.
- The coop merger is a dead issue with TLN. TLN also needs to cut their expenses as they will be operating in the red by 2008.
- The Belleville/VanBuren restrictions of two items per card begin January 2, 2007.
- Board Officer Selection
Motion to maintain the current officer slate; J. Fausone, Chairman, N. Williams, Vice Chairperson, J. Gillig, Secretary-Treasurer. (Motion made by G. Snow and seconded by C. Young at the Nov. 30 meeting)
The motion passed unanimously 12/06-21-1
- Café Proposal - J. Tabor presented a café proposal from Jungle Java. They surveyed 45 patrons and found 90-95% did not know they could take food/beverages into the library. Their focus would be on quality of operation and coffee.
Chairman J. Fausone formed an ad hoc committee of Trustees Williams, Gillig and J. Tabor to review the proposal and visit Jungle Java and report to the board at the January 18 meeting.
- Electronic Board Packets - Jean suggested the board packet information be sent via email rather than delivered. The board agreed suggesting only special feature articles be provided in print at the board meeting.
- 2006 4th Quarter Budget Amendment
J. Gillig moved and J. Fausone seconded to approve the 4th Quarter 2006 Budget Amendment
Motion passed unanimously 12/06-21-2
- Director Review
Board went into executive session at 8:40 PM - reopened to general meeting at 9:05 PM
J. Gillig moved and N. Williams seconded to award the director a merit compensation of 3% for 2007.
The motion passed unanimously 12/06-21-3
CALL TO AUDIENCE
N. Williams moved and C. Van Auken seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:07 PM.
Rick Eva - Board Secretary