Since we have distributed our limit for passes this year, the 2012 Park and Read program at CPL is over.
The Michigan DNR Park and Read program allows library cardholders the ability to check out a one-day pass into any Michigan state park or recreation area in lieu of the $6 resident daily motor vehicle entrance permit. Many parks will also have a hammock available at no charge for Park and Read participants to borrow while on-site for the day so they can fully enjoy a great book in Michigan's great outdoors.
Park and Read passes are available for one week at a time and cannot be renewed.
- Dear Dumb, Dork and Wimpy Diaries — July 7, 2:00-2:45PM
- Creative Writing, Discovering Your Inner Voice from 10:00-11:15AM on:
- June 25
- July 9
- July 23
- August 6
- August 13
All Ages programs
- 2011 Great Paper Airplane Contest — July 21, 11:00AM-Noon
- Kids book discussion, Alvin Ho: Allergic to Camping, Hiking and other natural disasters — July 13, 2:00-2:45PM
- Outdoor Storytime — July 20, 10:00-10:45AM
Wild Africa by Alex Bernasconi
Planet Arctic: life at the top of the world by Wayne Lynch
Every dog has a gift: true stories of dogs who bring hope & healing into our lives by Rachel McPherson ; with Deborah Mitchell
Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated, and entrance to the park is $25 annually for Canton residents or $50 per year for non-residents. There are separate sections of the park for small and large dogs.
A grand opening celebration is planned for later in the Summer. Find out even more about the park at the Canton Patch.
[Photo courtesy of Canton Patch]
- Reading Assistance Dogs — July 28 and August 10, 6:30-8:30PM