Attention Builders! It’s time for our LEGO® Building Contest. This year's theme is Theme Park Attractions. Build us your most imaginative park attraction, be it a ride, a food stand, a maze, or an animal enclosure. There are multiple divisions based on age: K-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th, 7th-8th, 9th-adult. Contestants may enter individually or as part of a team. Registration begins Wednesday, December 12 and the contest will take place Wednesday, January 2. Entries must be dropped off between 9:00 AM-12:00 PM on the day of the contest. A public viewing will be held from 3:00-6:00 PM, and an awards ceremony from 7:00-8:00 PM. Patrons will have the opportunity to cast their vote for a Popular Vote winner separately from age category winners that will be chosen by our judges.
- Use your own LEGO®, Duplo, Megablocks or other LEGO® compatible plastic bricks, motors and materials.
- Entries must be your own creation, not a LEGO® designed kit or a project found online, in a book, or in a magazine.
- Your creation may not be larger than 2' x 2' x 2'.
- Participants must register online (beginning December 20) to ensure a space for display. Please also fill out the paper entry form (downloadable from the CPL web site) and bring it with you when you drop off your entry.
- Each person may enter only once. You may enter as an individual OR as part of a team but not both. Entering as a team is a way for families and friends to build together. Team entries will be judged in the age category of the oldest team member.
- You must adhere to the following participation schedule (see below).
- Canton Public Library cannot assume responsibility of LEGO® creations while they are on display, though we will have someone monitoring the room at all times.
- Entries must be taken home on Wednesday, January 2, by 8:45 PM.
- Wednesday, January 2
- 9:00 AM-12:00 PM: drop off entries
- 12:00-3:00 PM: room closed for viewing set-up and judging
- 3:00-6:00 PM: public viewing and popular vote casting
- 6:00-7:00 PM: room closed for popular vote tallying and ceremony set-up
- 7:00-8:00 PM: awards ceremony