- For a spy thriller try Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth
- The Eagle has Landed by Jack Higgins is a fast-paced, espionage story set in World War II
- For an elegant historical, try the Robert Harris Roman series that begins with Imperium
- For fans of Follett's medieval-period books, try The Heaven Tree Trilogy by Edith Pargeter
Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout — Olive Kitteridge, a retired schoolteacher, deplores the changes in her little town and in the world at large, but she doesn't always recognize the changes in those around her: a lounge musician haunted by a past romance... a former student who has lost the will to live... Olive's own adult child, who feels tyrannized by her irrational sensitivities... and Henry, who finds his loyalty to his marriage both a blessing and a curse.
and her Maisie Dobbs mystery series featuring a British woman-detective set between World Wars I and II then you might also enjoy these titles,
- Wanda Brunstetter started a new series, Indiana Cousins with the title A Cousin's Promise
- Brunstetter also writes the Sisters of Holmes County series, the first is A Sister's Secret
- Paul Gaus writes the Ohio Amish Mystery series, the first title is Blood of the Prodigal
- Cindy Woodsmall writes the Sisters of the Quilt series, the first title is When the Heart Cries
- Beth Wiseman writes the Daughter's of the Promise series, beginning w
- The Eighth Day by John Case
- Tell No One by Harlan Coban
- Prey by Michael Crichton
- Devil's Teardrop by Jeffrey Deaver
Also look at the May We Suggest list for Greg Iles fan? Have you read...