Our guest authors include:
- Diana Barnes Patillo, children's
- Gordon Briley, children's
- Leis Dauzet-Miller, history
- Jody Lamb, tween
- Stephanie Neilan, children's
- Elaine Pereira, nonfiction
- Linda Svacha, inspirational
- Angil Tarach-Ritchey, nonfiction
- Ed Wendover, mystery
- Sean Williams, children's
- Kris Yankee, tween/teen
- Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament. Wednesday, April 3, 3:00-5:00 PM in the Community Room.
- Creatapillars. Thursday, April 4, 2:00-3:00 PM in the Purple Room.
- Kristy Robinett, Psychic. Thursday April 4, 7:00-8:00 PM in the Purple Room.
- Ninjago Lego Party. Friday April 5, 2:00-3:00 PM in the Community Room.
On Sunday, April 14 from 2:00-3:00 PM, The Organization for Bat Conservation will present Biodiversity LIVE! Explore the amazing variety of wildlife on planet Earth. Discover the interconnectedness between plants and animals. Topics include the balance of natural ecosystems, how humans are impacting biodiversity (habitat destruction, invasive species, climate change), and simple actions that can be taken to protect wildlife from extinction. Live animals include a bearded dragon, sugar glider and a large fruit bat.
[Caterpillar by Rickydavid is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0]
Date: Monday, April 29 2012
Time: 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Location: Purple Room
The false prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
The chaos code by Justin Richards
The scorpions of Zahir by Christine Brodien-Jones
The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann
Postponed until May 9, due to inclement weather.
This year at CPL, the University of Michigan's Museum of Natural History presents a series of three, fun Family Reading and Science workshops titled Just Like me: exploring culture, biology and the human experience. To tie in with their temporary exhibition at the museum called RACE: Are we so different? (February 2013-June 2013), they are focusing on and exploring how biology, anthropology, physics, geography and chemistry all play a part in race and culture.
On Wednesday, March 6 at 4:00-4:45 PM, Thirupu Siva will teach young people from 6-16 years of age the basic asanas, building up to various intermediate poses. Please wear loose fitting clothing and bring a towel or yoga mat to work on. Registration for this program begins on February 22.
Monday - Mid-Winter Break Movie Madness, 12:00 - 8:45 PM
Tuesday - Make a T-shirt Tote, 2:00-3:00 PM
STEM Series: Supermarket Science, 7:00-7:45 PM
Wednesday - Creatapillars, 2:00-3:00 PM