A week on the Concord and Merrimack rivers [Large print] by Henry David Thoreau
Children's Books on CD (formerly shelved in aisle #22) are now shelved with the Children's fiction books (aisles #15, #16, #17, #18). This will make it easier for patrons to find print books that are also available on CD so that they can follow along. It will also help kids to realize just how many wonderful, popular titles we have on CD.
It looks great thanks to a lot of work from our pages. Check it out!
Are you a fan of Sara Paretsky, Jeff Lindsay, Charlaine Harris or John LeCarre? Willing to share some of your favorite authors with other Mystery fans? Maybe it’s time to try a new mystery writer and you're looking for suggestions? Join us as we talk books on Saturday, July 27 from 2:00-3:00 PM in Canton Public Library’s Purple Room.
Come back in the evening at 7:00 PM to hear the moving and amazing story of JoAnne Normile and how she started Canter, the racehorse rescue group, in Michigan. Normile's story is told through her book Saving Baby: How One Woman's Love for a Racehorse Led to Her Redemption. She will be available to sign copies of her starred Kirkus-reviewed book purchased at the event.
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
Come test your puzzle solving skills with (and against) others in Portal 2 co-op mode on Friday June 28 from 1:00 - 3:00PM. We'll supply the teams; you bring your raw talent. Only the cleverest will survive. Ages 9-17.
Tuesday, June 25 from 7-8:30 PM
Raja Yoga Meditation helps you reach a deeper understanding of yourself, your intrinsic positive qualities and your innate value. Join practitioners from the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University every Sunday from 2:45-5:45 PM in the Purple Room to explore these universal concepts and encourage your inner spiritual development toward a fresh perspective on values such as justice, freedom, respect and love.
From 2:45-3:45 PM class is for registrants only. You may register with Brahma Kumaris in Michigan by calling 248.987.2687 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
From 4:00-5:45 PM class is open to any and all participants. No registration is necessary.
Upcoming topics are as follows:
Sunday 8th Understanding Myself
Sunday 15th Understanding God
Sunday 22nd Understanding Karma
Sunday 29th Meditation - Science of Silence