At the Henry Ford Centennial Library in Dearborn June 12-13 there's going to be tons of guests, like David Peterson (creator of Mouse Guard) and Raina Telgemeier (creator of Smile) and tons of cool, free programs about comics over the span of two days! Check out how to register.
- Water plants, bi-monthly — Green thumbs preferred, although not required
- Maintain supply of romance novels in spinners — Some bodice-ripper experience would be helpful
- Help clean grounds around building — Good exercise for the young and sedentary
- Identify damaged materials — Warning: Exposure to our collections may result in checkout overdose, as you see hundreds of books you never knew we had, but must read now!
- Scan & archive media clips — Your chance to be a part of library history
Anyone available for these positions should contact: Kathie Gladden via phone (734) 397-0999 ext 1071 or email: email@example.com.
Otherwise, please fill out our Volunteer Application form and return it to the Reception Desk. We will contact you about orientation as soon as your application is processed.
- Want to know when we're open or how to get here? Press 2
- Need to talk to someone at Checkout about your account or to renew? Press 3
- Have a question for an Adult Department librarian or about an Adult Department program? Press 4
- Same thing, only for the Children's Department? Press 5
- Want to book the library's Community Room or get information from our Business Office? Press 6
- Need to get information about the Friends of the Library or their used book shop, Secondhand Prose? Press 7
- Want to speak to that certain someone whose extension you've forgotten? Press # for the staff directory
Appliqué your way: 35 pretty sewing projects and patterns by Kayte Terry; photographs by Jennifer Causey
This book is chock full of stylish projects you can make yourself from easy to find materials. There are items you can wear, to decorate your home, and to give as gifts. There are also easy-to-interpret instructions and some patterns and templates are included. My favorite project is the Woodland Felt Ornaments which remind me of some handmade tree ornaments we had when I was a kid.
The top five most downloaded titles from CPL's eBook collection for April 2010 are:
Get some basics at the Pickleball Lessons Blog.