- Want to know when we're open or how to get here? Press 2
- Need to talk to someone at Checkout about your account or to renew? Press 3
- Have a question for an Adult Department librarian or about an Adult Department program? Press 4
- Same thing, only for the Children's Department? Press 5
- Want to book the library's Community Room or get information from our Business Office? Press 6
- Need to get information about the Friends of the Library or their used book shop, Secondhand Prose? Press 7
- Want to speak to that certain someone whose extension you've forgotten? Press # for the staff directory
Appliqué your way: 35 pretty sewing projects and patterns by Kayte Terry; photographs by Jennifer Causey
This book is chock full of stylish projects you can make yourself from easy to find materials. There are items you can wear, to decorate your home, and to give as gifts. There are also easy-to-interpret instructions and some patterns and templates are included. My favorite project is the Woodland Felt Ornaments which remind me of some handmade tree ornaments we had when I was a kid.
The top five most downloaded titles from CPL's eBook collection for April 2010 are:
Get some basics at the Pickleball Lessons Blog.
Well, hockey fans, we have made it to Round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Wasn't really sure we would get there, based on how the Red Wings played at the end of the season, but very glad to see it happened. In other hockey news, the Pittsburgh Penguins have also raced into Round 2 of the Playoffs. Will these two teams meet up in the finals? I know that my nails will be bitten off in anticipation. Check out the Red Wings and Penguins websites for updates and tickets! Go Peng-wings! (I do have divided loyalites, after all!)
Earning the full badge includes selecting a game with a suitable rating, comparing two different systems, planning and participating in a family games tournament and teaching a friend or adult how to play a new game.
Sunday, May 2nd at 1:00PM in the Community Room.