Nope, that's not me in that picture! That's my Little Buddy, LB! He get's out more than I do. In fact, in this picture, he's all the way down in Texas! He went there with Miss Kristen a little while back. They did a lot of fun things! They went camping and went to the park, and, as you can tell, LB made some new friends! There's lots of fun things to do in Texas! You can visit the Alamo, pretend you're a cowboy, or eat chili! Did you know that this animal is the state animal of Texas? Did you know that we have a stuffed animal one here in the library? Are you curious to learn more about Texas? There are lots of book about it here in the library!
Man, LB is so lucky! Now that it is warm out, he has all kinds of adventures planned. I'm just staying home. But I'm okay with that because it's my favorite time of year...Summer Reading! I can't wait until you all start coming in to get your reading log! It's only 20 days away you know! Woohoo! I'm so excited! See you SOON!
June is Audiobook Month! Join our "green" friends to celebrate this occasion. Choose a format that suits you — books on CD, MP3-CD, Playaway, downloadable, or cassette. Rest your eyes and let your ears do the reading!
You may subscribe to an RSS feed of library communications by pasting
into your feed reader.
- You must be in the third through twelfth grade
- If you are under 7, your parent must remain with you
- If you are under 12, NHS requires your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring assignment, textbooks, calculators, pencils, and any other materials you need
- The Roar by Emma Clayton, read by Jane Collingwood. Recorded Books
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, read by Jenna Lamia and David Ledoux. Scholastic
- Stop in the Name of Pants! by Louise Rennison, read by Stina Nielsen. Recorded Books
- The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause, read by Ali Ahn. Recorded Books
- This Full House by Virginia Euwer Wolff, read by Heather Alicia Simms.
Confessions of a compact camera shooter : get professional quality photos with your compact camera by Rick Sammon
Looking to improve your snapshots? This book has a wealth of tips and tricks for the amateur digital photographer using a compact digital camera. Wondering if you need to use flash outside on a sunny day? The answer is probably yes, depending on where the sun is in relation to your subject. Ever wonder if all those modes your camera provides are actually useful? They can be very handy if you know how to make the most of them. These tips and many more are included in this easy to use guide.
- bug repellent wipes, any size or brand
- new, unused pencils
At the Henry Ford Centennial Library in Dearborn June 12-13 there's going to be tons of guests, like David Peterson (creator of Mouse Guard) and Raina Telgemeier (creator of Smile) and tons of cool, free programs about comics over the span of two days! Check out how to register.
- Water plants, bi-monthly — Green thumbs preferred, although not required
- Maintain supply of romance novels in spinners — Some bodice-ripper experience would be helpful
- Help clean grounds around building — Good exercise for the young and sedentary
- Identify damaged materials — Warning: Exposure to our collections may result in checkout overdose, as you see hundreds of books you never knew we had, but must read now!
- Scan & archive media clips — Your chance to be a part of library history
Anyone available for these positions should contact: Kathie Gladden via phone (734) 397-0999 ext 1071 or email: email@example.com.
Otherwise, please fill out our Volunteer Application form and return it to the Reception Desk. We will contact you about orientation as soon as your application is processed.