September 24, 2014 | welz
Have you ever wanted to look like a zombie? How about a witch or a princess? What about a beautiful Mexican sugar skull? Join the highly skilled professionals from Astute Artistry Studios as they help you prepare for Halloween and beyond! On Saturday, October 25 from 12:30-3:00 PM participants will learn the ins and outs of many different kinds of make up application. Bring your creativity! This program is designed for patrons aged 10 through adults. Registration is required and begins on September 25.
September 24, 2014 | Brad B.
September 24, 2014 | welz
Locked in a Room is a story about three teenagers that are trapped in three separate rooms. They are monitored and watched by a masked man who "takes notes" as to their every move and emotion. They are further tormented by an eerie voice of someone outside of the room and are visited by strange characters that are part of the outfit that have them trapped. Throughout, they try to discern why they are there. As time elapses... the stakes and chances for survival are slim, but the question remains: who is behind this - the end reveals a startling answer.
September 17, 2014 | SuperMegaAnna
October 27, 7:00 - 8:00 PM. Join us for a lesson on tarot card reading with the staff from Illuminate Your Spirit. Learn how to use tarot cards and your intuition to bring you guidance for yourself and for your friends. This is a fun start to a perfect relationship with Tarot.
Topics covered will be:
- What does it mean to be psychic, and do I need to be psychic to read the cards
- What are the major & minor cards
- Giving readings for yourself and friends.
You may bring your own deck.
Recommended for those 12 and up.
September 15, 2014 | SuperMegaAnna
September 13, 2014 | Brad B.
September 11, 2014 | SuperMegaAnna
NHS students are here to provide 3rd-12th graders free homework help. If you're interested in getting tutored:
- You must be in 3rd through 12th grade
- If you're under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment and any other needed materials
- Tutoring is on a first come first served basis
- Tutoring sessions will be a half an hour
Days and Times
- Monday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00 PM by the Teen Desk
The first day of tutoring will be Tuesday, October 14th.
August 24, 2014 | strande
Celebrate National Grandparents Day on Sunday, September 7. Come by the Purple Room between 1:00 and 5:00 PM to make a simple craft to give someone special, or bring your grandparent with you and snap a photo together in front of a Happy Grandparents Day backdrop.