Lord of misrule: a novel by Jaimy Gordon
Lighthead by Terrance Hayes
Mockingbird: (mok'ing-bûrd) by Kathryn Erskine
A virtual cornucopia of foods and other items for your Thanksgiving feast will be available to buy at Canton's Fall Harvest Market this Sunday, November 21, from 9:00AM to 2:00PM at the Cady-Boyer Barn, in Preservation Park at 500 N. Ridge Rd. (approx. 1/4 mile north of Cherry Hill Rd.). Nearly two dozen local Michigan farmers and vendors will offer market favorites, including: turkeys, pie pumpkins, farm eggs, apples, spices, cider, natural meats, stuffing, artisan breads, salad greens, winter squash, sausage, pasta, honey, pies and other baked goods, pierogi, flower arrangements, dog treats and much more. Some vendors are taking pre-orders for your convenience.
This month's book selection is Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
Program Date: Saturday, November 20, 4:00-5:00PM
We've got horrible comics from the '80s; mix, match and add your own art to make something fantastic and Comic City will display your creation at their store. Plus, get expert advice from comic writer Rob Worley and Comic City staff.
[photo courtesy of jillallyn]
Don't panic! If you come to the library this weekend, you probably won't see me. I'm not sick or hurt, and I didn't get grounded. I'm on vacation! I'm off to visit some friends, and I have to pick up LB from his latest trip. But I'll be back on Tuesday. I hope you kiddos who are coming to the library on Monday for storytime have a wonderful time. Hey did you know that Monday starts National Young Reader's Week! Storytime is a great way to celebrate.
Well, I just didn't want you all to worry. See you soon!
We're asking for your help to "Stuff the Truck" so bring diapers, any brand or size, baby through adult, to the library on November 17 and 18. Open packages, pull ups and swim diapers are all acceptable; if diapers are loose, please label with the size.
The Detroit Area Diaper Bank is a nonprofit charitable organization serving SE Michigan to meet the need for diapers at partner agencies working with people in crisis. Please help support those in need in our community with your donation.
The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud
Firelight by Sophie Jordan
The alchemyst by Michael Scott
Here's the question: On what date was the stars and stripes pattern adopted as the official flag and by whom?
If you'd like a quick walk-through of registering for programs, just watch the YouTube video above.
- Have a Canton Public Library card
- Click the link to the Program Calendar
- Find the date of the program you wish to attend. Often there are more programs than display by default — click "All" at the bottom of the day to see a full list
- When you have found the program you're interested in, hover over the icon graphic to see how many slots are available. If there are open seats, click the icon to proceed
- Clicking the icon will take you to a login screen if you are not already logged in. Enter your name and library card barcode, then press the submit button to log in
- Review the program information on the registration page. If all the information is correct, click 'Submit' to register
- If all has worked properly, you should reach a confirmation page with no on-screen warnings. If you do not reach a confirmation page or are shown an on-screen warning, please contact the library
- If you need to register more than one person (more than one library card), you must log out and re-do the process using the other card
Common ProblemsIf you get an on-screen warning, there could be several things blocking you from registering:
- You may be the wrong age for the program. Please check the age requirements and make sure that the library card you are using belongs to the appropriate child
- You may have already registered for another section of the program. Please check My Account to see if your card is already registered
- Your card may not be updated. Please visit the checkout desk, or call 734-397-0999 (option #3)
Waiting ListsWe do not maintain waiting lists for programs. However, extraordinarily popular programs tend to have sessions added as necessary. Also, there are some online cancelations, so diligence checking the page can often get you a spot.
We are looking for good ideas for the Animanga Forum banner. In fact, from now until November 28th we're giving you a shot at designing it. Just submit a banner image you create, and your creation might appear at the top of the forum.
- It must be your own art. No copying from online; we want your original creations
- Banner should be a minimum of 640 pixels wide, and a maximum of 300 pixels high. For best results, use this template image as a top layer or guide
- Include the word "Animanga" somewhere* on the banner, and feel free to put your name (or handle) on it somewhere small too
- Lastly, as a hint, try using some blue and/or orange (our site colors)
*Note, all text should be to the left of 487 pixels (or it might get cut off in lower resolutions).