Want action? Want mystery? Try these books out:
Sure fire by Jack Higgins; with Justin Richards
The last thing I remember by Andrew Klavan
Fake ID by Walter Sorrells
Evil genius by Catherine Jinks
Saturdays, October 1 and October 8, 9:30 AM-12:30 PM
The 2012 program will run from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
- You must be in third through twelfth grade
- If you are under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment, textbooks, calculators, and any other materials you need
- Monday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Tuesday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Wednesday from 6:00-8:00PM Plymouth District Library in the Teen Zone
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00PM Canton Public Library by the Teen Reference Desk
- Thursday from 6:00-8:00PM Plymouth District Library in the Teen Zone
Where'd you all go? I've been seeing you all summer at the library, and then this Tuesday, you were all gone! The library has been so lonely and quiet, Please come back! Miss Ruth tells me you all started school this week and that's why you haven't been around during they day. Boy. I hope your teachers start giving you lots of homework so you have to come and visit me… or not. I hear homework isn't really that fun. But I hear that Storytime resumes next Monday. That should bring quite a few of my friends back.
Are you like me and can't wait for storytime to resume? You can watch one of our Online Storytimes, or read a story off of Tumblebooks. Both are really fun! I'm counting down the days until you all come back. 3 days and counting! Until then,
[Photo courtesy of eLibrary]
Usually, the second Sunday in September is Grandparents Day. But given all that grandparents contribute to families and society-at-large, why limit the tribute to just one day? Join us in celebrating Grandparents Week 2011, from September 12th through the 16th. If you're a grandparent, be sure that you and your grandkids visit Generations United's special site during this week to find fun and meaningful ways to celebrate. The site offers blogs, a peek at celebrities who were raised by their grandparents, social activities to do together, and special ways to thank grandparents.
[Image from Post-it War website]
Kristen's departure opens up a position here at the library and we are currently accepting applications for the Children's, Tween & Teen Services Program Specialist position.