Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be September 1st.
Come test your puzzle solving skills with (and against) others in Portal 2 co-op mode on Friday June 28 from 1:00 - 3:00PM. We'll supply the teams; you bring your raw talent. Only the cleverest will survive. Ages 9-17.
Tuesday, June 25 from 7-8:30 PM
First there was The Hunger Games, next there came Divergent, now the ApocOlympics! Test your wits, skills and precision against your peers in a duel to the death in the ApocOlympics. Okay, so not to the death, BUT the winner will get bragging rights AND win a cool prize. No experience is necessary. Teens join us Saturday, June 29 from 1:00-3:00 PM for a fun filled challenge. Registration opens May 29.
Raja Yoga Meditation helps you reach a deeper understanding of yourself, your intrinsic positive qualities and your innate value. In time, this understanding becomes a natural part of your day to day awareness, constructively influencing how you see yourself and how you relate to your world. Join practitioners from the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University every Sunday from 2:45-5:45 PM in the Purple Room to explore these universal concepts and encourage your inner spiritual development toward a fresh perspective on values such as justice, freedom, respect and love.
Join us each Monday to beat the heat and enjoy fun films in our Community Room! Each week we'll fill the day with films for kids, adults, or the whole family!Monday, July 8, we will BE WELL with some healthy viewing and go BACK IN TIME with some time-traveling classics. We'll start our day with a collection of stories about our favorite aardvark and end with two totally excellent dudes who ace their history assignment with the help of a very special phone booth.
- 10:00 AM — Arthur: Hooray for Health (G)
- 1:00 PM — Back to the Future (PG)
- 4:00 PM — Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (PG)
You may bring pillows, snacks, even your own comfy lawn chairs if you like.
Monday, July 22, we will both GEEK OUT and SLEUTH IT. We'll start our day with a video game bad guy who wants to play the hero and end with a backwards tale about a man who can't remember much-and has the tattoos to prove it.
Monday, July 29, we will CHOW DOWN with the CURTAINS UP. We'll start our day with a Parisian mouse who dreams of great food and end the evening with a song.