Come back in the evening at 7:00 PM to hear the moving and amazing story of JoAnne Normile and how she started Canter, the racehorse rescue group, in Michigan. Normile's story is told through her book Saving Baby: How One Woman's Love for a Racehorse Led to Her Redemption. She will be available to sign copies of her starred Kirkus-reviewed book purchased at the event.
Come test your puzzle solving skills with (and against) others in Portal 2 co-op mode on Friday June 28 from 1:00 - 3:00PM. We'll supply the teams; you bring your raw talent. Only the cleverest will survive. Ages 9-17.
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
Tuesday, June 25 from 7-8:30 PM
Bicycle Rack by Theen Moy is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0
Join us each Monday to beat the heat and enjoy fun films in our Community Room! Each week we'll fill the day with films for kids, adults, or the whole family!Monday, July 8, we will BE WELL with some healthy viewing and go BACK IN TIME with some time-traveling classics. We'll start our day with a collection of stories about our favorite aardvark and end with two totally excellent dudes who ace their history assignment with the help of a very special phone booth.
- 10:00 AM — Arthur: Hooray for Health (G)
- 1:00 PM — Back to the Future (PG)
- 4:00 PM — Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (PG)
You may bring pillows, snacks, even your own comfy lawn chairs if you like.