Come test your puzzle solving skills with (and against) others in Portal 2 co-op mode on Friday June 28 from 1:00 - 3:00PM. We'll supply the teams; you bring your raw talent. Only the cleverest will survive. Ages 9-17.
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
Tuesday, June 25 from 7-8:30 PM
Patrons aged 12-17 years old are encouraged to hone their creative writing skills during this free, fun and challenging writing series presented by Linda Weatherford Papa, Instructional Designer at University of Detroit Mercy. Participants are to register once for the entire series and attend all sessions. It will run every other Saturday during the summer and will take place from 10:00-11:15 AM on the following days: June 29, July 13, July 27 and August 10. Registration begins on May 29.
This program has been POSTPONED until the fall...stay tuned!!!
First there was The Hunger Games, next there came Divergent, now the ApocOlympics! Test your wits, skills and precision against your peers in a duel to the death in the ApocOlympics. Okay, so not to the death, BUT the winner will get bragging rights AND win a cool prize. No experience is necessary. Teens join us Saturday, June 29 from 1:00-3:00 PM for a fun filled challenge. Registration opens May 29.
Monday, July 22, we will both GEEK OUT and SLEUTH IT. We'll start our day with a video game bad guy who wants to play the hero and end with a backwards tale about a man who can't remember much-and has the tattoos to prove it.
Monday, July 29, we will CHOW DOWN with the CURTAINS UP. We'll start our day with a Parisian mouse who dreams of great food and end the evening with a song.
Raja Yoga Meditation helps you reach a deeper understanding of yourself, your intrinsic positive qualities and your innate value. Join practitioners from the Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University every Sunday from 2:45-5:45 PM in the Purple Room to explore these universal concepts and encourage your inner spiritual development toward a fresh perspective on values such as justice, freedom, respect and love.
From 2:45-3:45 PM class is for registrants only. You may register with Brahma Kumaris in Michigan by calling 248.987.2687 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
From 4:00-5:45 PM class is open to any and all participants. No registration is necessary.
Upcoming topics are as follows:
Sunday 8th Understanding Myself
Sunday 15th Understanding God
Sunday 22nd Understanding Karma
Sunday 29th Meditation - Science of Silence
Bicycle Rack by Theen Moy is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0
Join us each Monday to beat the heat and enjoy fun films in our Community Room! Each week we'll fill the day with films for kids, adults, or the whole family!Monday, July 8, we will BE WELL with some healthy viewing and go BACK IN TIME with some time-traveling classics. We'll start our day with a collection of stories about our favorite aardvark and end with two totally excellent dudes who ace their history assignment with the help of a very special phone booth.
- 10:00 AM — Arthur: Hooray for Health (G)
- 1:00 PM — Back to the Future (PG)
- 4:00 PM — Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (PG)
You may bring pillows, snacks, even your own comfy lawn chairs if you like.