Children's Books on CD (formerly shelved in aisle #22) are now shelved with the Children's fiction books (aisles #15, #16, #17, #18). This will make it easier for patrons to find print books that are also available on CD so that they can follow along. It will also help kids to realize just how many wonderful, popular titles we have on CD.
It looks great thanks to a lot of work from our pages. Check it out!
Are you a fan of Sara Paretsky, Jeff Lindsay, Charlaine Harris or John LeCarre? Willing to share some of your favorite authors with other Mystery fans? Maybe it’s time to try a new mystery writer and you're looking for suggestions? Join us as we talk books on Saturday, July 27 from 2:00-3:00 PM in Canton Public Library’s Purple Room.
Come test your puzzle solving skills with (and against) others in Portal 2 co-op mode on Friday June 28 from 1:00 - 3:00PM. We'll supply the teams; you bring your raw talent. Only the cleverest will survive. Ages 9-17.
Contest Entry Form
- Last day to enter: July 26th.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Entries must be submitted on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
- Artwork must be your own. You may get inspiration from a book or online, but please do not copy someone else's art.
- Artwork will be displayed in the library from July 30th - August 11th, and voting will be done by you (one vote per person per day)!
- Prizes will be awarded in 5 different age categories: K-2nd, 3rd-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-10th, and 11th-12th grades.
- Winners will be announced August 17th at the End of CYS Party.
- All winners' entries, with consent, will be displayed on the CPL website.
- Last day to retrieve your submitted artwork will be August 31st.
Come back in the evening at 7:00 PM to hear the moving and amazing story of JoAnne Normile and how she started Canter, the racehorse rescue group, in Michigan. Normile's story is told through her book Saving Baby: How One Woman's Love for a Racehorse Led to Her Redemption. She will be available to sign copies of her starred Kirkus-reviewed book purchased at the event.
Tuesday, June 25 from 7-8:30 PM
Monday, July 22, we will both GEEK OUT and SLEUTH IT. We'll start our day with a video game bad guy who wants to play the hero and end with a backwards tale about a man who can't remember much-and has the tattoos to prove it.
Monday, July 29, we will CHOW DOWN with the CURTAINS UP. We'll start our day with a Parisian mouse who dreams of great food and end the evening with a song.