Confessions of a compact camera shooter : get professional quality photos with your compact camera by Rick Sammon
Looking to improve your snapshots? This book has a wealth of tips and tricks for the amateur digital photographer using a compact digital camera. Wondering if you need to use flash outside on a sunny day? The answer is probably yes, depending on where the sun is in relation to your subject. Ever wonder if all those modes your camera provides are actually useful? They can be very handy if you know how to make the most of them. These tips and many more are included in this easy to use guide.
Present: K. Schulz, M. Siegrist, C. Van Auken, J. Fausone, G. Snow, D. Turner
Also Present: E. Davis, K. Gladden, G. Bell, A. Davis, M. Swartz
Call to AudienceNo comments (R. Havenstein-Coughlin, A. Heidemann, L. Papa, S. Rzetelny)
Approval of AgendaThe agenda was approved as amended
Approval of MinutesMinutes of the March 18 meeting were approved as presented
E. Davis shared with the Board an invitation from the new Belleville District Library to attend a reception and swearing-in ceremony of the new District Board on April 24th.
Included in the April PR packet were materials relating to the 2009 Annual Report that were mailed to donors and a placard that was sent to community partners.
Small plot, high yield gardening : grow like a pro, save money, and eat well from your front (or back or side) yard 100% organic produce garden by Sal Gilbertie and Larry Sheehan
Organic gardening has become quite popular in recent years, and this book is a great guide to creating and maintaining your own organic garden in whatever space you may have available. It includes a wealth of information, big picture planning and organic philosophy stuff as well as little hints that can be extremely helpful (such as: grow onions or some variant around the edges of your garden to deter pests). Even the book itself has an earthy feel, with rich soil-colored text on creamy white pages. A treat for organic gardeners of all levels.
- bug repellent wipes, any size or brand
- new, unused pencils
Kitchen garden : month by month by Alan Buckingham
This book is truly a step-by-step guide to growing your own food. It starts at the very beginning with planning and goes all the way through to the payoff of harvesting. Some of the tasks listed for the winter months are suitable for those lucky enough to have a home greenhouse or coldframe, but these are easily pushed back to spring thaw for those of us without. The most useful part of this book for me, though, is the Crop Planner. It includes detailed information about a variety of edibles, and I'll definitely be coming back to this section again.
- Water plants, bi-monthly — Green thumbs preferred, although not required
- Maintain supply of romance novels in spinners — Some bodice-ripper experience would be helpful
- Help clean grounds around building — Good exercise for the young and sedentary
- Identify damaged materials — Warning: Exposure to our collections may result in checkout overdose, as you see hundreds of books you never knew we had, but must read now!
- Scan & archive media clips — Your chance to be a part of library history
Anyone available for these positions should contact: Kathie Gladden via phone (734) 397-0999 ext 1071 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, please fill out our Volunteer Application form and return it to the Reception Desk. We will contact you about orientation as soon as your application is processed.
- Call to Order
- Call to Audience
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Report of the Library Director
- Old Business
- Furlough Analysis (item of discussion)
- Update on New Sorting Room (item of discussion)
- New Business
- Revision of Computing Resources Policy (item of action)
- Call to Audience
A rainbow of stitches : embroidery and cross-stitch basics plus more than 1,000 motifs and 80 project ideas by Agnès Delage-Calvet ... [et al.] ; photography by Frédéric Lucano
Organized by color, this book offers a tremendous number of ideas for embroidery and cross-stitch projects and motifs. The designs range from cute to elegant, craftsy to modern, satisfying a wide range of tastes. I have been wanting to learn more about embroidery for awhile and I think this book will be a great place to start.
Blood pressure screening is available on the 3rd Monday of each month, 1:00-3:00PM in the Parkview Room of the Summit. This free service is provided by the Oakwood Healthcare System and sponsored by the Canton Seniors Center. No appointments are necessary.
For each level you will read writers from Africa, Asia, Australasia, Europe, North America (includes Central America) and South America within 2010. Each level becomes progressively more difficult (i.e. more books to read to satisfy the requirements). Jakobsen provides a wonderful list of reading suggestions for each continent.
Fans of the Brian Setzer Orchestra will not be disappointed by this latest album, a soundtrack to a film that doesn't exist. It's what Setzer imagines might be the appropriate accompaniment to a throwback noir film, including blues, swing, and jazz tunes that feel like they could be classics. It's a fun exploration that provides plenty of opportunity for Setzer to show off his virtuosic guitar chops.
- Want to know when we're open or how to get here? Press 2
- Need to talk to someone at Checkout about your account or to renew? Press 3
- Have a question for an Adult Department librarian or about an Adult Department program? Press 4
- Same thing, only for the Children's Department? Press 5
- Want to book the library's Community Room or get information from our Business Office? Press 6
- Need to get information about the Friends of the Library or their used book shop, Secondhand Prose? Press 7
- Want to speak to that certain someone whose extension you've forgotten? Press # for the staff directory