- 12:00 Noon — Man of Peace in a Time of War
- 1:15 PM — King: Go Beyond the Dream to Discover the Man
- 3:00 PM — In Remembrance of Martin
Not sure what to make for those holiday parties or cookie exchanges? Is your cookie jar empty? Do you have a sweet tooth that can only be sated by the very best in seasonal baked goods?
Have no fear! Canton Public Library is here to help with these top-notch cookbooks, specializing in putting some extra sweetness in your sugarplums: (Note: If you do end of baking a dozen or so extra delicious cookies, please join us on Saturday, December 8 at 2:00 PM, for our Family Holiday Cookie Competition, or share your recipe on CPL's recipe blog)
61/365 Glitter by Mykl Roventine is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0.
- 10:00 AM — Ruby and Max: Every Bunny Loves Winter and Little Bear's Winter Games (G)
- 12:00 PM — Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (PG)
- 3:00 PM — Snow White and the Huntsman (PG-13)
Thank you for nominating Canton Public Library in the LEGO DUPLO Read! Play! Build! project. CPL received 419 nominations, landing us in the top 200 libraries. We just received a fabulous set of DUPLO blocks — including people, animals, house and vehicle parts — that you will soon see in our ABC Activity Times and Family Lego Days. We also received a special group format version of their Read and Build kits that we are excited to use in other programming. Thank you again for supporting your Canton Public Library!
Christmas spirit abounds as we gather on Sunday, December 9 at 4:00 PM to listen to the holiday sounds of the Detroit Handbell Ensemble. Members share their musical talents by playing familiar holiday music on the amazing bells. You will also learn a bit of history and how-to about bells.
Children ages 4-6 who are pre-K or in kindergarten are invited to this program designed especially for them. We will have great stories, a snack and a craft centered around a Christmas theme. Come join us for this fun time at the library on Tuesday, December 18, 4:00-4:45 pm.
- You must be in 3rd through 12th grade
- If you're under 12, your parent must remain in the library
- You must bring the assignment and any other needed materials